Thursday, August 12, 2004

why i get frustrated with my mother #2736:

my coming home for the summer being so last minute made it impossible for me to find someone to sublet my place in philadelphia. one of the conditions agreed upon with my parents was that they would be paying the rent while i am not there (i would be working/helping my parents out at their business).

i suggested that my mother and i go shopping this afternoon. my mother thought it a wonderful idea "since you have $300 to spend." i gave my mother one of those 'are you sure you have the right person' looks, because i definitly don't have that sort of money to throw around.

"mum, i paid rent."
"what do you mean you paid rent? where are you paying rent to?"
"my place in philly."
"why?"
"::frustration boiling over::....hmm, perhaps because my name is on a lease and the landlord has my s.s.#. and i have two roomates who are friends and i don't want to leave them in a horrible financial situation."
"i thought you weren't going back."

i just turned and walked away. and i'm sure that's not the best way to handle a situation. but it was a hell of a lot better than me causing a scene in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home